Monday, January 11, 2010

Past, present, future?

Mmm...

Things have been going pretty fast and slow at the same time these days. Here's some stuff I did lately...

  • Work....okay that's not actually lately cos the last time I worked was on saturday. I miss it actually :S
  • Went bowling with my cousins. Got a membership I'll get discounted in the future :)
  • Been reading as well. I read the first book of Gossip Girl. I quite like it and I have to say some of the stuff that happened in the book are a bit ironic. But I shall look into the tv series :)
  • Watched some movies. Some movies I've watched recently: Sherlock Holmes, Caramel and Finding Amanda. Sherlock Holmes was alright. It had it's good parts but there were quite a few unneccessary scenes. Caramel is this Lebanese/French film about the lives of these women that works at this beauty salon. Not a bad movie, has a few funny moments and funny charactors but overall a bit boring, a couple really annoying characters and the ending was quite sudden. Finding Amanda is about this guy with a gambling problem which is messing up his marriage so he goes to Las Vegas to try and get his niece into rehab cos she's working as a prostitute. It a comedy so has a few LOL moments...but the story's a bit slow and dragged out and you can tell why it went straight to video. Starring Brittany Snow so worth a watch.
  • Been doing some drawings on Paint. Just scenories and I shall put it up here once I get some internet data.
  • Practiced guitar for once in a long time yesterday. Was strumming hardcore while playing the acoustic version of one of Blink 182 songs...when my pick fell in the guitar hole. Tried to get it out but my hand was too short so in the end I put some rolled up sticky tape on one of my drumsticks and got it out. Success :)

15 days till school start. Felt like I've wasted the entire holiday doing nothing and soon I'll be slaving away at school *sigh*. Before the holiday, I was day dreaming about all the stuff I wanted to do in the holidays. Such as working heaps of hours every week and getting big bucks, to have either an electric guitar or drum kit and seriously developing some skills, going to the park and playing soccer or running around getting nice and fit, watching Video Hits on saturday morings, being home alone and have the tv and computer all to myself, etc.

BUT...none of it really happened because I'm not working heaps every week. No guitar or drum kit cos I wasn't gonna just spend 2 months salary in one day. No going to the park cos don't really have anyone to go with or know anyone who even wants to get involve in physical activities and the weather's boiling. No Video Hits on saturdays cos I normally work on saturdays. And I never get to be home alone cos my brother's gym membership expired and now I have to see his face everyday :@

SO...instead of doing what I thought I'll be doing, I work an average of 3 shifts per week. I go out once or twice a week with friends. And spend the rest of my time at home either watching Las Vegas and movies I've borrowed that week, eating whenever I feel like, or going on the computer. Plus, I've ran out of internet data so lately I can't dowload new songs or go on internet much. Therefore, instead of going on facebook and myspace and playing online games and dowloading songs, I listen to the same list of songs over and over again (I don't really mind but new songs would be good) and play either minesweeper or solitaire for hours and drawing on Paint and going on msn. Seems pretty sweet comparing to school life but it gets boring.

Still dunno what I'm gonna do after high school. Somehow the real world seems a bit unreal at the moment. Probably because of spending too much time at school. So far my plan is: Say IF i get like a OP 1...which Im kinda doubting I will...I guess I'll get into surgery/medicine. And if I don't...I'm thinking about trying out for the Aviation course but I might not get in because I'm not doing physics and if i do get in, I might crash and burn because I didn't do physics. So...I guess I could get into the police force/army or become a paramedic. Or try and become a hot shot movie director or something in fashion.

But looking at those options...it seems a bit unrealistic because to become a doctor or a pilot it costs lots of money and looking at my number of hours and pay per week...I don't think I'll have enough to pay for the courses by that time...unless I get a scholarship or something. I could become a police officer/army soldier or a paramedic but my must-have-a-extremely-high-paying-job-in-order-to-make-life-worth-it ego gets in the way. And as for the movie director/fashion option...it is hard to get into the industry. So I guess I'll just hope that an absolutely brilliant idea would suddenly hit me one day soon.

However, I was reading Lure (free fashion magazine...yes, free) this morning and there was an interview on one of the fashion buyers for Globalize (clothing shop...apparently there isn't one in Brisbane or in QLD at all but hopefully one day there will be cos that shop looks goddamn awesome). And according to this fashion buyer...her job looks pretty sweet. So i guess I shall look into that.

2 comments:

  1. LOL Jade!
    You know that you have a swimming pool
    Get active thatway!
    I'm always up to a trip to the park
    How was The Lovely Bones?
    (Irene told us last night)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yea true...but i really can't be bothered having a shower afterwards cos im lazy that way.

    oh yea...that's cool...i shall see what days im free and i'll challenge to a game of kicking the ball against the wall LOL

    The Love Bones was brilliant...i loved it heaps :) you should check it out too.

    ReplyDelete