Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Australia's Next Top Model!!...audition...

I actually started writing the following content on tuesday so the following events happened on tuesday not today :)


GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY!!!?


I'll give you some hints..
  • Alex Perry
  • Queen Street Mall
  • Fox 8 Crew
  • at lease about 300-400 tall & pretty girls....

IT'S THE AUSTRALIA'S NEXT TOP MODEL AUDITION!!!

That's right, the sixth season of Aussie Top Model was having its Brisbane audition at Queen Street Mall today. So me and some friends (Karen + Erika) decided to go check it out :)

We were walking along Adelaide Street trying to find the place since it says it's held at Adelaide Street on the thingy we saw. But then Erika said that she heard on B105 that morning that it's at the Queen Street Mall stage so we went...looking out for tall pretty girls who might be auditioning so we could just follow them LOL

Then I saw it...a line that is honestly at lease 200m long, stretching from the stage are the 300-400 girls all hoping to become Australia's Next Top Model. Some stood out, some not so much. We then walked past them, checking out which ones have potential. We then reached back stage and we saw ALEX PERRY being interviewed by Fox 8! He was doing his signature pose and acting all macho and cool :L And we believe he saw us watching him :P

The audition starts at 11 and it was aroung 10:20 but we decided to get a spot anyways :D

Finally the show began. Let the search began! The judges were Alex Perry and Jaz ( I think). The girls were to go up to the judges in groups of 3 and they'll either tell them to walk for them, take head shots or just not what they were looking for. The models all have an application form and if their forms were given back to them, that means they were successful. I was shocked to see the girls who I thought has great potentials were knocked back by the judges >.<

Some memorable ones were this girl with jet black hair who the judges asked to walked the runway TWICE! She made it through and in my opinion the best of the patch. Also another chick with black hair who dressed like a school girl and is gothic looking (and I heard someone sitting next to me said and I quote 'She looks like she should be in underworld' Mmm...agreed but she'll still be good as a model lol)who was also made to walk the runway twice. Another one was a dark skinned girl with an afro. In my opinion she was feisty as but she didn't made through :S

And there were some weird ones.There was girl dressed like she lives in Narnia. No joke. From her hair to her shoes, she looked like she lives in a village in a forest. Green shirt with leave patterns that shows her stomach, long brown skirt and leather shoes! Another one is a girl with bright pink/orange hair :S Which Erika said that should be in the circus haha.

Overall the audition, hosted by some guy from B105 and filmed by the Fox 8 crew, was awesome! :D The B105 guy did some questionaire stuff during breaks and gave away some t-shirts. I didn't get one :(


The following is written today...

Here's a story based on true events.


*Warning: The following content is highly exaggerated...this kinda cool stuff just doesn't really happened in real life*

This story is called : Jade's Extremely Brave and Truely Heroic Epic Battle Against...*drum rolls* A FLY!

It happened one uneventful Tuesday night in a quiet subarban neighbourhood where the heroine of the story, Me! :D, was reading Scene (music mag) and doing sudoku before bed when suddenly, I heard an awefully annoying buzzing noise which can only come from one of the most annoying creatures in the world...a fly. Then I saw its pair of bifocal eyes which met mine. Instantly, anger rose from deep within my guts so with all my might, I flung my magazine at it. Damn, I missed but all true heros start as a no skilled loser :) I quickly jumped up (so fast that it should've been a ninja world record) and pressed my back againt the wall commando style. Using my binoculars/x-ray vision goggles, I surveyed the room looking for my peanut-size enemy. Without any luck, I was about to gave up when my fellow villager/hunter/fly-hater (mother) informed me that our little pest is in the bathroom!

With a new wave of hope and triumph, I grab a bigger magazine and charged toward the battlefield. "Are you ready?" asked my fellow villager/hunter/fly-hater (mother). I looked into her eyes, put my hand on her shoulder while gripping the slightly bigger magzine in the other hand and said, "Well I will sent it a message, my fellow fly hater! You fight now, with me! And we will show all peanut-sized flies...that they cannot take whatever they want. And that this... this is our land!" (notice how I kinda quoted from Avatar :) haha ). With that heart-felt/touching speech, I kicked open the bathroom door and barged in screaming my head off. The fly, was resting on the mirror sunbaking using our bathroom light and hearing my entrance it went into combat mode. "Oi, you motherf**king son of a b*tch! I challenge you to a duel!" doing my best touch facial expression, I grab the magazine with both hands and swung it like a baseball bat at the mirror. Missed again..but it's okay, perhaps the third time's the charm. I was wrong. After numerous attempts of trying to destroy the peanut while it mocked me by flying right in front of my face, I have failed miserably. On the verge fo giving up and falling asleep (it was bed time) I was just about to put down my weapon and surrender when my fellow villager/hunter/fly-hater (mother) called to me. "Jade! Have to killed it yet?! What's taking you so long!?"

"Ay, I'm afraid this is a battle too great for me to handle. I'm sorry," I slumped against the wall, ashamed as myself for giving up.

"No. No, Jade. You are born to be a fly-killer. It's in your blood. After your speech, I knew you can do this. I believe in you!," soon, encouraging battle music was heard from the other side of the door.

"We will we rock you...we will we will rock you...". The chanting grow louder and louder.

I sprung to my feet, and chanted along,"We will we will rock you...!"

Newly motivated and pumped, I grabbed my magazine once again and death-stared the fly. "This time, you're going down!" *the following happened in slow-mo*

Me: *on one side of the room, check the mirror to make sure my hair was fine, did a quick yoga stretch, does a hair flick and charged toward the fly* AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

Fly: *on the other side of the room, polished its wings, put on a mini helmet, polished the helmet and charged towards me* BUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

It came right at my face and I took a swing. Silence.

More silence...

Then I saw it...THE FLY IS DOWN!!! Laying upside down next to my brush, it took its last breathe. At last, the world is at peace. And all great battle was to be celebrated with a feast ;) Until next time, the end.

Last few things to add before the blog ends...

  • I finished Gossip Girl season one! :D
  • I finally watched Avatar, was good but not spectacular.
  • I'm working this tuesday which is a public holiday and that means double pay!

This is Jade, signing off :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh... my dear Jade. I only got 2 things to say.

    First, Alex Perry + Macho = Oxymoron.
    Second, not to overshadow your epic battle story, I once caught a fly with my bare hand. Yes, grasshopper, with my BARE hand.

    Riini, over and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jade
    I think your idea of potential is different from the judges

    Your battle story was...
    Haven't you ever heard of a fly swatter?
    Much more effective
    :L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irene: your not-so-impressive fly story will never beat what I'm about to tell you. I once caught a mosquito (please note that mozzies are tinier then flies) with ONE BARE HAND while I was HALF ASLEEP while my eyes were closed! I practically detected the whereabouts of the mozzie by using my hearing. Sounds unreal but it did happen I swear. So HA!
    Agreed that Alex Perry was a bit of a show-off moron.

    Melissa: You're probably right about my idea of potential haha. If I was the judge I would've let about 200 girls through :P
    And no we did not have a fly swatter. Perhaps you would like to give one to us for new years? hahah just joking don't do that. :)

    ReplyDelete