Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm rather pissed about the number of hours I get a week for work. 7 hours...7 FREAKING HOURS! Am very not happy about this. I mean I reckon I should get at lease 12 hours minimum per week...and 40 maximum since it is the holidays. But considering where I work and who my boss is I guess I'll be lucky to get 15-20 hours max... >< FML

Bad thoughts aside, yesterday, I suddenly developed a interest in the Northern Light or more scientifically Auroras. Which are green/purple/red lights displayed in the sky which is more visible at night times. So i was researching it up on wikipedia last night (yes, researching while on holidays) and I found some awesome scientific facts :D
Ok, for one, the Northern Lights normally appears in the Northern Hemisphere, hence the name Northern Lights. It can been spotted in the northern islands of Canada because it's close to the North Magnetic Pole. But it can also be seen near Antartica where the Southern Magnetic Pole is located.
Auroras are created when the Earth's upper atmosphere (full of oxygen and nitrogen) and when solar wind rushed through, the nitrogen and oxygen atoms either become stabled or return to a normal state. And whichever they become, determines what colour the light is produced.....exciting stuff hey!
And I also found out that the word "Aurora" is the name of the Roman Goddess of Dawn...which got me hooked onto Roman mythology which is seriously intriguing. Kinda make me wanna do ancient history next year but when I think about the history teachers at school I changed my mind.

So it's like the third day or something and I'm still sick ><
which sucks a lot. But I'm hoping it's be gone by wednesday (yn)

And another thing...let's make it very clear...I DO NOT LIKE FARMVILLE! So please stop sending me crap on farmville. Thank you for cooperationg :)

peace y'all
stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment